Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Brocks 1 year pics

Okay so when I took these they were completely experimental. I set up my "studio" in my living room and shot away. Some things I learned along the way...













I love natural lighting, and it's best to make sure you get those "windows" in the eyes, that really makes them shine!














Um..make sure my backdrop is not wrinkled!! I was in a hurry and didn't take the time and when I downloaded these onto my computer I realized just how bad it looked. I'm glad I have my kids to experiment on lol.







I love technology and the fun I have had with lightroom in adjusting the lighting, color, and special effects. Some of these I made very artsy but I really love how different they are from what I typically do. Thanks to my friend Sara for giving me a little friendly competition and kicking me in the butt :) Reading in her blog how much fun she is having with her business made me realize what I'm missing out on by taking baby steps and letting rejection and fear stand in my way. I've been such a baby and really lazy about this whole thing, letting the fact that I didn't have my website up be an excuse...well I say NO MORE! I'm really very excited, and getting my butt in gear has also got my creative juices flowing. I really need to start my family blog now because AJ was riding his bike today with NO TRAINING WHEELS!! YYYAAAHOOOO!!! Way to go AJ I'm so proud of you, you fell a couple of times but they were no biggie and then you did get one booboo and I got a great picture of your alligator tears and your little booboo that you got no sympathy from mom. So enjoy this next group of, might I state again, completely experimental pictures.. I'm really putting myself out there and showing you all what I have been doing. Did I mention these were experimental?? Lol.























Did I mention the wrinkled background?

(high contrast black & white)





0 Thoughts: